2) Never Gives Up – a powerful woman never gives up. Period. She goes after what she wants in life and she doesn’t quit, no matter how difficult the going may obtain. Example: A woman decided at a young age she wanted to be an artist, and make her living from her imaginative talents. Many obstacles are placed in her way. She has had to take other jobs just to remain food on the table. Sometimes she’s so tired she just wants to give up…but she doesn’t. She keeps going, day after day, month after month, and year after year. She doesn’t permit negative influences. She doesn’t listen to those who put her dream down. She doesn’t permit others to pull her away from her ultimate goal. And she doesn’t know the meaning of the words “I can’t”. Plain and simple…she never gives up on her true dream.
3) Speaks Her Mind – a powerful woman is not frightened to converse her mind. Example: A woman is involved in a group conversation about how to fix a problem. Others who are more qualified are very kind with their suggestions, however this woman feels she has a good thought about how to fix the problem much more rapidly and easily. Though it’s hard for her to get a word in, and even though she’s in a room with seasoned professionals, she opens her mouth and shares her idea with a conviction and belief that it’s the right action to take. She doesn’t worry about what others will think about what she says. She isn’t concerned that some may disapprove of her for her thoughts. She isn’t attached to their acceptance of her idea. She speaks her mind with a calm confidence only a powerful woman could exude.
4) Respects Herself and Others – a powerful woman is respectful in all situations. Example: A married woman is asked by her co-workers to go to a bar after work. She doesn’t sense at ease in a bar surroundings, plus she knows her husband would be unhappy, as he looks forward to their evenings at home. Rather than going along with the crowd for fear she might not be accepted, she respects herself by declining the invitation. She does so without fear – as a powerful woman always knows that acceptance must come from within first and foremost. In addition, she respects the choices of the others who go to the bar, in spite of the fact she might not have the same opinion or approve. And she doesn’t luxury them any differently because of their choices.
6) Inspires Herself and Others – the capability to motivate naturally resides within the powerful woman. Example: A woman has been criticized recently, and the critical statements are running through her mind. Rather than believe the critical comments from others, she speaks to herself about her gifts, talents and positive qualities. Just as she would inform someone else who came to her with the same issues, she tells herself to suspend in there, that things will acquire better. She doesn’t permit the negativity directed toward her by others to put away her life or get her down. Instead she responds to the negativity by focusing on the positives and by offering herself expect for the future.
7) Shares Her Power Willingly – a powerful woman willingly shares her gifts, talents, skills and knowledge with others. Example: A woman has developed a sole formula that proves to be a hit at many of the social events she attends. She enjoys the compliments, and loves the truth others look forward to the dish she’s serving. It makes her feel good. She basks in the blaze of her success in pleasing others with her recipe. At her next event, she is asked for the ingredients that make this recipe so special. The woman has an option to share, or to keep the secret recipe to herself, so that her dish will continue to be the jealousy of others. The powerful woman will share, and do so gladly, because she is confident of the gifts within her that offer her the capability to constantly create new dishes others will enjoy.
8) Makes A differentiation In The Lives Of Others – this quality is at the center of every powerful woman’s being. It is something that, deep down, every woman wants to attain on a daily basis. It is a quality created by behaving according to the previous traits, for when a woman lives by the first seven, she will easily and effortlessly become the woman who makes a difference in the lives of others. Example: A businesswoman comes across a homeless girl on the street. The girl’s look is disheveled. Her clothes are torn; her hair is a knotted mess. The girl is smoking a cigarette, and looking down at the ground. The businesswoman glances at her watch, and realizes she’s late for work. Yet she turns and walks up to the girl. She hands the girl $20 to wrap some of her needs. She offers stimulation and words of support when she tells the girl that she doesn’t have to believe this life she has somehow ended up in the middle of, and how, with a little attempt, she can become anyone she wants to be, and do anything she wants to do.